[therion-users] Re: therion does a seg fault when I try and run it

Michael Lake mikel at speleonics.com.au
Sat Sep 6 07:43:26 CEST 2003

Stacho Mudrak wrote:
> Hello Mike!
>
> I have an idea - the problem can be hidden in functions taking undefined
> number of arguments. Could you please try to compile your source with
> attached therion.cxx file? May be it will help you.

Here are the results...

It now compiles and when run gives the correct verion number.

demo$ therion -v
therion 0.2.15
demo$

But when run with the demo data set I get this....

demo$ therion
therion 0.2.15

open file -- thconfig
close file -- thconfig
configuration loaded

reading input -- cave.th
open file -- cave.th
open file -- data/cave.th2
therion (therion.cxx:304): error -- (thdatareader.cxx:210):
data/cave.th2 [300] -- (
thpoint.cxx:868): invalid combination of values -- +1.5 -3
demo$

This line is in data/cave.th2 :
point 306.0 741.0 passage-height -value [+1.5 -3]
and if I comment it out...

It ALL RUNS FINE ! :-)

Thus therion now does run on PPC under Debian Linux except for that one
offending line above.

Thanks for the help. I will now have a look at the diff of that
therion.cxx file you sent and see what has changed. I will also write
down and send the other compiler warnings and pdf warnings that I get too.

hehe :-) once this works I can send you stuff on Alpha 64 bit problems.
But one thing at a time :-)

Mike
--
Mike Lake
Caver, Linux enthusiast and interested in anything technical.