survex to therion data conversion

Wookey wookey at aleph1.co.uk
Thu Nov 6 10:45:32 CET 2003

+++ Michael Lake [03-11-06 15:08 +1100]:

>> OT but I think that at some point it will have to use another GUI.
>> Either GTK-anything or wxWindows or

Yes. Everyone agrees xtherion is fairly horrid and is merely a 'proof of
concept' UI. I think stacho picked tcl because he already knew it.

Most of the people I know who are currently using illustrator rather than
therion are doing it because the interface was too slow/horrible in
comparison.

The problem is of course that writing good UIs is both hard and tedious -
any volunteers  :-)

..... now back to the topic at hand.

>> The above would be by far the best option. Copying and pasting in your
>> survex data creates then two copies of survex data that can get
>> out-of-sync when you update the survex data.

OK - that's another vote. Unless any of the main authors object violently
this seems like the way to go.

Aleph One Ltd, Bottisham, CAMBRIDGE, CB5 9BA, UK Tel +44 (0) 1223 811679
work: http://www.aleph1.co.uk/ play: http://www.chaos.org.uk/~wookey/