survex to therion data conversion

Michael Lake Mike.Lake at uts.edu.au
Thu Nov 6 05:08:03 CET 2003

John Pybus wrote:

>> You'll also note the need to convert reference of the form
>> survey.subsurvey.station to station at subsurvey.survey .  This is also
>> rather irksome (I think it betrays therion's tcl roots?).

OT but I think that at some point it will have to use another GUI.
Either GTK-anything or wxWindows or ..... now back to the topic at hand.

>> I'd really like a survexinclude which would import survex data from the
>> original files.  With very little reorganisation my existing data could
>> then be used with therion without change.  That might require linking
>> the survex parser into therion to implement.

The above would be by far the best option. Copying and pasting in your
survex data creates then two copies of survex data that can get
out-of-sync when you update the survex data.

Mike
PS. I have been distracted lately and havent been able to get back to
playing with Therions metapost and ASF/UIS cave symbols. I intend to get
back onto this in Dec/Jan as Im taking annual leave so will have time. I
would like to modify the metapost so that cave symbols can be easily
constructed with just a bit of metapost knowledge and pulled in at run
time rather than needing to be there when compiled.

--
Michael Lake
Chemistry, Materials & Forensic Science, UTS

UTS CRICOS Provider Code: 00099F

DISCLAIMER
This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain
confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, do not
read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.
immediately and delete this message. Any views expressed in this message
are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly,
and with authority, states them to be the views the University of
Technology Sydney. Before opening any attachments, please check them for
viruses and defects.