[therion-users] New version

Wookey wookey at aleph1.co.uk
Tue Nov 5 15:47:20 CET 2002

On Tue 05 Nov, Stacho Mudrak wrote:
> I've fixed some serious bugs on weekend, the new version of therion is on
> the web.

Hi people, I've just joined up. I downloaded and compiled this OK on a
debian woody box. I've got some small changes for you for the README and
INSTALL docs as a result, which I'll mail as soon as I get the network card
n my laptop working. The current build process assumes you have bin/therion
on your PATH when you do make xtherion. I assume this needs to be the
current version of therion, not just any old version. This is likely to
cause trouble, as normally the ~home/therion/bin isn't going to be on the
path but /usr/local/bin/therion will be and that'll be the old version.
Will that break?

I'll probably have a load of dumb questions about how it is supposed to
work soon, and then I'll have a load about the build process as I intend to
package it for Debian so I'll need to understand why things are done the
way they are, and hopefully persuade you to make it all more
debian-compatible. There are a number of good things about the survex build
process that could be used, and that might help with integration.

Wookey